Who is this for?
The course is mainly aimed at those who are looking to start or rebrand their businesses, however, there will be tremendous benefit for those who wish to refine or update their own design skills.
Why did I create it?
Many people have a great idea for a business, but not always the resources to bring into life. I wanted to create something that gives people the confidence they need to brand their own businesses.
I also feel that even if you have had experience at branding before, it’s an opportunity to get an insight into my process and to ask me questions about how I work. I’m confident that there’s something for everyone, no matter what level of designer they are.
How much is it?
There is no charge. I wanted to make it accessible to as many people as possible.
The course contains 5 modules. outlined below is a brief description of each one.
Module 1 - positioning your brand
In this module you will learn how to create an axis that is specific to your industry, is valued by your customers and can show you where to (re)position your business to take advantage of an industry need that is currently not being met, with little or no competition.
- Create an easy to use system to help simplify your marketplace
- Find out how to position yourself to avoid competition
- Spot potential areas of growth within your market
Module 2 - defining your target market
Now we focus working out who your customers are so you can create a brand identity that will appeal and resonate with them. During the module you will be taught how to build a comprehensive profile of your ideal customer (their age, gender, likes, dislikes, interests, income and favourite brands) using easy to follow worksheets.
- Clarify who your are talking to
- Identify their passions and interests
- Learn how to speak to them in a way that resonates
Module 3 - Choosing your typography
Beautiful typography plays a huge part in creating a successful brand. In module 3 you will first learn about how to identify different typefaces based on their category. Then I will show you how to successfully pair multiple typefaces and I will explain how I choose my type for my branding project. I will also be sharing comprehensive library of type based resources to help continue your typography knowledge and development.
- Understand how to choose typefaces that appeal to your audience.
- Learn how to match and pair typefaces with confidence
- Discover the best places for sourcing new and distinctive fonts
Module 4 - Building your colour palette
For this module you will learn all about colour, everything Colour Psychology to Colour Theory. I will also be giving you an insight into how I create colour palettes for my clients and where to find inspirational colours and tones. The other part of this module involves why and how to incorporate pattern and texture into your work to add originality, depth and authenticity.
- Learn about colour theory and the importance of colour psychology
- Create stylish colour palettes for your brand quickly and easily
- Identify where to find simple to use colour tools
Module 5 - Designing your logo
For this module you will learn all about what different types of logos you can create, from wordmarks to monograms. You will also be given a list designers to inspire you and I peel back the curtain to reveal some of my techniques for brainstorming ideas and logo creation.
- Understand the difference between different types of logos
- Get access to my very own brainstorming tools.
- Discover new designers to help inspire you.
How do I sign up?
Click on the button below and you're go to go. All the modules are available at the same time, so please take your time and work yourself through them at your own pace. If you get stuck you can always ask me for help in my Facebook Group.